JSGW&M has been providing quality comprehensive legal services to the people and businesses of Southern Vancouver Island for close to 30 years. Wherever you live, work or play – we’re there, too, and our quality lawyers and staff can help guide you through any issue that arises, whether it is in a boardroom or a courtroom.
Every Legal Issue. One Legal Source. We use a multi-faceted approach individually crafted to our clients’ circumstances. The Partners and Associates have expertise in varied areas of the law to better serve our clients.
We draw upon this full spectrum of expertise and use a wide range of strategies and tactics including negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation towards cost effective and timely problem prevention and resolution.
In an effort to better serve the communities throughout Southern Vancouver Island, Johns Southward opened full-service offices in both Duncan and the Western Communities. In each of our three offices, you will find lawyers experienced in litigation, as well as lawyers experienced in solicitor work.
Our lawyers and staff often work collaboratively together in order to ensure the best possible service is provided, where and when you need it.
George D. Walton*
Richard S. Margetts, QC*
James C.M. Main*
Robert W. Carfra*
A. Douglas Macfarlane
Michael H. Genge*
Damien N. Enright*
Melanie L. Duggan*
Eric Kerr *
Maureen C. Abraham
Jonathan M. Aiyadurai
Patricia D. Blair
Tracy A. Hodge
Robert D. Glazier*
- Incorporation of Companies
- Organizing Other Business Entities
- Buying and Selling Businesses
- General Contract Matters
- Construction Law
- Employment Agreements
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Car Accidents and ICBC Claims
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Insurance Law
- Workplace Injuries and WCB Claims
- Occupational Health and Safety Issues
- Medical Malpractice
- Sexual Assault
Litigation & Disputes
- Administrative and Municipal Law
- Construction and Builders Lien Disputes
- Employment and Labour Litigation
- Estates, Trusts and Wills Variation Claims
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Professional Liability Claims
- Tax Litigation
- Divorce and Separation
- Separation Agreements
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Spousal Support and Property Division
- Marriage and Cohabitation Agreements
- Child Protection Orders
- Restraining Orders
Real Estate Law
- Buying and Selling Your Home
- Mortgages and Real Estate Financing
- Strata Property Issues
- Real Estate Development and Marketing
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Wills & Estate Planning
- Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation
- Representation Agreements, Living Wills
- Estate Administrations
- Advising Trustees and Executors
- Succession Planning for Family Business
- Planning for Charities and Societies
Phone: 250.381.7321 | Fax: 250.381.1181
204-655 Tyee Road, Victoria, BC V9A 6X5
Phone: 250.746.8779 | Fax: 250.746.8780
151 Fourth Street, Duncan, BC V9L 5J8
(by appointment only)
Phone: 250.381.7321 | Fax: 250.381.1181
[COMING SOON: October, 2015]
Eric Kerr returns to JSGW&M in 2014
Eric Kerr has returned to our firm in 2014 to join the partnership, after departing in 2007 for Vancouver where he spent these years practicing at a large, downtown Vancouver...
David W. Johns – In Memoriam
It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of one of our partners, David Johns, who passed away on March 24, 2013 after a short illness. David had...
The importance of planning for ...
While most people know that they should have a will, many people don’t think of planning for their incapacity. With people living longer, it is likely that an increasing number...
Marriage and cohabitation: Property ...
When you are involved in a serious relationship with another person, the following questions will often arise: What are my rights and obligations in regard to division of property if...
Amendments made to B.C.’s Strata ...
Recent amendments to the Strata Property Act require all Strata Corporations in B.C. to either obtain a “Depreciation Report” or pass a resolution formally opting out of doing so by...
Seller Beware: Rules changed for ...
The legal landscape for anyone involved in the supply chain of consumer products was fundamentally altered on June 20, 2011. That was the day the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act...